Let’s Unite for a World of Reason & Kindness!
Little March preserves Romania’s treasures and keeps them authentic. From Romanian forests to Romanian ideas and Romanian children – we work hard to make sure Romania gives its best to itself and the world and manifests as a great civilisation.
Awards & Partners
Causes for Concern in Romania
- Our nature is suffering. Yearly around 20 million Cubic Meters of timber are logged illegally in Romania. This natural catastrophe is responsible for massive floods and poor air-quality.
- The education system in Romania is failing us drastically due to constant political upheaval. A shocking statistic reveals that nearly 42% of the pupils in Romania are functional illiterates.
- Romania has suffered a massive exodus between 2007 and 2017 resulting in 17% of the population leaving the country due to poor working and living conditions.
What Should We Do About It?
- We should take massive action to restore our ecosystem. A mature leafy tree produces as much oxygen in a season as 10 people inhale in a year. How much impact we could have by planting 10,000?
- Our education system needs to be reformed around models focusing on emotional intelligence and the adequate use of present-day technology which are proved to be the best in the world.
- Investing in infrastructure, attracting European funds and modernising regulation should be the priorities in all public offices, if we want to stop the rates of the exodus.
What We Do
We are an cultural, educational and environmental charity that aims to preserve the Romanian heritage and uniqueness, impacting people and places at home and engaging the Romanian community overseas.
We do this by raising funds and promoting Romanian traditions and crafts, funds which are then directed to the values we believe in.
Our efforts are directed in preserving the Romanian nature, the Romanian traditions and arts, encouraging Romanian ideas and the advancement of the Romanian people and society, with a special focus on the young generations.
We started in 2017 as a small project aimed at bringing the tradition of mărțișor to the Romanian community in London.
In 2019 we set our ambition at distributing 10000 crafts, educating the broad public about the values that mărțișor embodies: rebirth, reason and kindness, the triumph of the good over the evil. Not least, we raised funds from the community and held charitable events in Romania and Moldova.
Although a very young organisation, the Embassy of Romania in the UK awarded us the Ambassador’s Diploma category Romanian Community 2019, for our efforts and enthusiasm.
Romania hosts one of the most diverse and iconic natural landscapes in Europe, being home to countless of species of plants and animals.
Unfortunately, deficient policies and an overall neglect of the environment has led to a continuous degradation of the environment, while the list of endangered species list grows longer and longer with each passing day. For too long we have let our country be plundered, now it is time to act swiftly and decisively to save our environment.
Romania and Moldova have both known insane rates of emigration in the past decades where 17% and 25% of the population respectively has left the country in search for a better life.
At the same time, for those at home, the social policies remain medieval and ineffective, with some 42% of the pupils being functionally illiterate and the poorest health system in the whole EU. Our hope is that together we can revive the spirit of the nation towards action.
Despite being the home for many world class artists like Brâncuși, Enescu, Eliade or Cioran, Romania wasn’t able to arrange an appropriate touristic infrastructure, to promote it and to preserve it.
Artworks of world importance are sometimes stored in warehouses, while the country remains the last in EU at reading, visiting museums, going to film projections or theatre performances – at culture, in general. Pseudo-culture is on the rise, while our values are crying to be revived.
We’ve Raised over £10,000
With just a handful of members we raised over £10,000 and impacted the lives of over 60 disadvantaged or SEN children in Romania in Moldova in 2019 alone.
One more child can be helped today through your kind contribution.
Contributing to Education in Underprivileged Areas
We believe that you cannot revive a nation without starting with its people first. This is why at the core of our first projects we chose to help disadvantaged members of the new generation in Moldova and Romania.
Here are the two causes we are looking to support for the Spring 2020 “Marțișor” campaign.
Become a Contribuitor
Your donation helps us make a difference in Romania’s people, nature and culture, heartening, preserving and reviving our ancestral values.
Share our page, tag us, let your friends know about a cause that you deeply care for and spread the message of the Little March:
Let’s Unite for a World of Reason & Kindness.
Bring in your enthusiasm and ideas to take our mission to the next level.
Get in touch now.